Edinburgh Fringe 2015 Programme is out!
Finally! The official programme for the 2015 Edinburgh Fringe Festival was published last week. The Fringe is the largest arts festival in the world, featuring big stars and up-and-comers in the fields of comedy, theatre, dance and just about everything else you can think of. Needless to say, there are hundreds of shows on between the 7th and the 31st of August. You can have a browse of the full list by clicking on the link at the bottom, but here are five of our top picks:
- Gilded Balloon 30th Anniversary Gala: The Playhouse will host an evening of comedy gold with this year’s Gilded Balloon. Stars such as Alan Davies, Johnny Vegas, Sean Hughes and Jason Byrne will participate in this must-see event hosted by Adam Hills and Fred MacAulay.
- The Titanic Orchestra: John Hannah, a name you might recognise from film such as Four Weddings and a Funeral, Sliding Doors and The Mummy, plays an illusionist in his first stage appearance in Scotland for almost 25 years. The Titanic Orchestra is a little-known Bulgarian play, and this fantastic adaptation is sure to make it a hit.
- The Animotion Show: Russian artist Maria Rud and Scotland’s percussionist superstar Dame Evelyn Glennie team up to create a spectacular series of performances on the grounds of the beautiful George Heriot’s School.
- Ricky Tomlinson: If mystery and conspiracy is your thing then come and hear this screen star talk about his acting career and his claims of being wrongly jailed after an establishment conspiracy.
- Our Ladies of Perpetual Succour, Traverse Theatre: The iconic Scottish novel The Sopranaos will come to life at the hands of author Alan Warner, Billy Elliot’s creator Lee Hall and Vicky Featherstone, former artistic director of the National Theatre of Scotland.